Friday, February 15, 2019

#23 OF 25 - THIS HAPPY BOOK REPORT ON PADRE PIO!

# 23 OF 25 - THIS HAPPY BOOK REPORT ON PADRE PIO!
IN PURSUIT OF THE TRUTH - HTTP://WWW.CINOPSBEGONEBLOGSPOT.COM - FRI. FEB. 15, 2019
PADRE PIO - THE TRUE STORY BY C. BERNARD

CHAPTER 8 - THE DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL - 103
PREFACE:                                                                                                                                                     

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DISCOVERY IN ORANGE COUNTY. I BELIEVE THERE ARE SEVERAL PADRE PIO PRAYER GROUP IN THE EVENING AT VARIOUS CHURCHES. THIS ONE IS IN THE  AFTERNOON.  THE THIRD MONDAY OF EACH MONTH. CHECK IT OUT!  I ARRIVE VIA OCC BUS.

ST. PADRE PIO PRAYER GROUP - HEALING MASSES FOR YEAR 2019
JAN 21, FEB. 18, MAR. 18, APR. 15, MAY 20, JUNE 17,
JULY 15 - 13TH ANNIVERSARY
AUG. 19, SEP. 16, OCT. 21, NOV. 18, Dec. 16

1:00 - 2:30 P.M.
Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Holy Rosary, Healing Mass, Individual Blessings
Chaplain - Father Al Scott
St. Anne Catholic Church
340 10th Street, Seal Beach, Ca, 90740
All Are Welcome!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Mind and Heart of Padre Pio
"Padre Pio's interior life - his prayer, his meditations, his communication with God and the invisible world - was the most important aspect of his existence. It dominated his life of action amidst daily affairs. For most of us, as far as our conscious experience is concerned, prayer is a one-way conversation.

"We trust that God hears our petitions, accept our praise and thanksgiving, and pardons our sins; but our senses do not perceive his response. For Padre Pio, prayer was often was an emphatically different kind of experience. God literally spoke to him, sometimes through a vision perceived through his organs of sight, but more often, through the "vision that is not seen" and the voice that is not heard.

"During his stay at Pietrelcina, Padre Pio wrote to Padre Benedetto, 'My ordinary way of praying is this: hardly do I begin to pray that at once I feel my soul begin to recollect in a peace and tranquility that I cannot express in words." He elaborated: "The senses remain suspended, with the exception of my hearing, which is sometimes is not suspended: yet usually this sense does not cause me trouble, and ... even if a great deal of noise were made around me, this would not bother me in the slightest."

"He speaks of a "continuous thought of God." Sometimes he feels "touched by the Lord ... in a way that is so vivid and sweet that most of time I am constrained to shed tears of sorrow for my infidelity and for the tender mercy of having a Father so loving, so good as to summon me thus to His Presence.

"He felt himself "enriched by supernatural graces." He felt an irresistible "spiritual devotion" of such a nature that he speaks of his soul being "totally lost in God." ... Other times, he experienced "an impulse so powerful that [he found himself] languishing for God, almost ready to die." He emphasized that "all this arises, not from my own mental efforts or preparation, but from an internal flame and from a love [poured into the soul from without] so powerful that if God did not quickly come to my aid, I would be consumed!"

"In other letter to Padre Benedetto the "internal flame" is described:"Hardly do I apply myself to pray than all at once I feel as if my heart were possessed by a flame of living love.... unlike any flame of this poor world. It ... consumes, but gives no pain. It is so sweet and delicious that the spirit finds great pleasure in it, and remains satiated in it in such a way that it does lose its desire. Oh, God! this is a thing of supreme wonder to me. Perhaps I will never come to understand it until I reach the heavenly country!"..." George H. Kubeck

No comments: