Friday, June 28, 2019

AMERICA NEEDS PADRE PIO IN 2020!

AMERICA AND CHURCH NEEDS PADRE PIO TODAY AND IN 2020!
IN PURSUIT OF THE TRUTH - HTTP://WWW.CINOPSBEGONEBLOGSPOT.COM - SUNDAY, JUNE 30/19
FROM: Excerpts from "Padre Pio: A Catholic Priest who worked miracles and bore the wounds of Jesus Christ on his body," by Brother Michael Dimond, O.S.B.
PREFACE: Padre Pio was contemporary Franciscan Capuchin priest and bore the wounds on his body for more than fifty years. He died in 1986. Having the Stigmata, means having on one's body the "marks resembling wounds on the crucified body of Jesus Christ." There have been about sixty accepted instances of the stigmata in the Catholic Church's history. Padre Pio was the first priest in the history of the Catholic Church to receive the visible Stigmata.

PADRE PIO ON THE MASS
Matthew 26:26-28 "...Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke, and gave to His disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat: This is my body. And taking the chalice He gave thanks: and gave to them, saying:Drink ye all of this. For this is my blood of the new testament which shall be shed for many for the remissions of sins."

According to some estimates, around twenty million people have seen Padre Pio offer the Mass. Concerning the value of the Mass, Padre Pio said: "If men only appreciated the value of a holy Mass they would need traffic officers at church doors every day to keep crowds in order.
Padre Pio was asked what his Mass meant to him. He responded: "It is a sacred participation in the passion of Jesus. All that the Lord suffered in His passion, I suffer, to the extent that it is possible to a human being. And that is part from any merit of mine, but entirely to His goodness."
Padre Pio: Every holy Mass, heard with devotion produces in our souls marvelous effects, abundant spiritual and material graces which we, ourselves, do not know. It is easier for the earth to exist without the sun than without the holy Sacrifice of the Mass."

PADRE PIO ON RECEIVING COMMUNION
John 6:54-55 "Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen, I say to you: Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, you shall have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up on the last day."
Padre Pio was asked about receiving Holy Communion. He responded: "It is and internal and external mercy. An embrace."
Question: "When Jesus comes does he visit only the soul?"
Padre Pio: "The Whole being." 
Question: "What does Jesus do at Communion?" Padre Pio: "He finds delight in His creature."
Question: "Is Communion an incorporation?" 
Padre Pio: "It is a fusion. Like two candles that melt together and are no longer indistinguishable."

Padre Pio, Letter to a spiritual child on receiving Communion: 
"Continue to receive Communion, and don't worry about not being able to receive the Sacrament of Penance. Jesus will prize your good will. Remember what I have told you so often: as long as we are not certain of being in serious sin, we need not abstain from Communion." ...
Padre Pio: "My heart feels drawn by a higher power before being united with Him in the Blessed Sacrament. I have such a hunger and thirst before receiving Him that it would take a little more for me to die of longing.... And rather than remain satisfied after I have received the Sacrament, this hunger and thirst increases even more.
   
 At the moment that I am in possession of this greatest good, then yes, the plenitude of sweetness is truly so great that I almost say to Jesus: Enough! I cannot stand anymore! I forget that I am even in this world. The mind and heart desire nothing more... I sometimes ask myself if there are souls that do not feel their chest burn with divine fire, especially at the moment that they find themselves before Him in the Blessed Sacrament. It seems to me impossible, particularly if the individual is a priest or religious."

George H. Kubeck

No comments: