Sunday, June 2, 2013


Ben Carson, M.D. - America the Beautiful - 3

Memorial Day

 "Dr. Ben Carson has turned a spotlight on an unstable society that seeks to destroy the foundation upon which America was built. He has peered in to the microscope lens that reveals the deception of those trying to rewrite the history of our country.

He stirs up our national pride with historical accounts that reveal why America has been blessed of God and how close we are to the brink of losing freedoms won long ago through sacrifice and bloodshed. The heart of the nation has been severed from the lifeline of God's truth. As one of the world's leading surgeons, Ben Carson's gifted hands have been blessed of God in saving countless lives. From these gifted hands comes America the Beautiful that gives a prescription that can cause the heart of our nation to beat once again with hope for the future ."

Franklin Graham, President & CEO Billy Graham Evangelistic Association,  Samaritan's Purse

 Chapter 1 - America's History of Rebelling for Change:

 There is no country I'd rather be a citizen of and call home than America. Where else but in this land of opportunity are people given so much freedom to  pursue their dreams, with the potential to bring out the best in everyone? I have been fortunate enough to visit forty-nine of America's fifty states, and I never cease to be amazed by the tremendous diversity one finds here - from big metropolitan cities to small countryside town, from tropical islands to forested mountain ranges....

 Does America have its flaws? Absolutely.... we have responded time and time again to work toward "liberty and justice for all." One of America's most respected legacies is indeed that of rebelling for change. I grew up in inner-city Detroit and Boston at the tail end of one those dark periods in America's history. Slavery had long been abolished but widespread racism remained...;

 Growing up we faced constant reminders of how we were less important than white people.... One day my uncle William was giving me a haircut in the kitchen while we watched the news on television when I saw white police unleashing ferocious dogs on groups of young black people and mowing them down with powerful water hoses. Even little children were being brutalized....

 My brother Curtis and I were very fond of our older cousins, who always made us laugh. But both of them were constantly in trouble with the police, which resulted in their brutal, racially motivated beatings, ... Ultimately both of my cousins were killed because of their association with the wrong people....

 It wasn't just our inner-city neighborhood where racism flourished; I found it at school as well... That class was band, which was going to be an easy A since I was an excellent clarinetist. That last A would make me a shoo-in for the highest academic achievement ward in eight-grade that year. I was beaming as I gave Mr. Mann my report card, buy my joy quickly turned to sorrow when I saw he had given me a grade of C in order to ruin my chances of receiving the highest academic award... my winning of the award  would have been an eye opening experience for many people at Wilson Junior High School, since I was the only black student in the class. Much to Mr. Mann's chagrin and to my delight, band was not considered an academic subject and did not count; therefore, I received the highest academic award after all...

 One of the other teachers was so upset about this that she literally chastised all the white students at the ward ceremony in front of the entire school for allowing a black student to outperform them academically. The scene is depicted in the movie about my life, Gifted Hands....

George H. Kubeck - In pursuit of the truth, Cinops be gone - Sunday, June 2, 2013

 

No comments: