Thursday, May 22, 2008

Catholic Excuses - 4 - 22

Catholic Excuses – 4 – 22
cinops be gone Thursday, May 22, 2008
Why do Catholics support the Democratic Party in spite of its strong commitment to the anti-Christian agenda of secularism and moral liberalism?

Answers from David Carlin’s book, Can a Catholic Be a Democrat? - 4-22 from Chapter 5 – Catholic Excuses p. 112-114

37. Don’t trouble me with the facts. Not all pulpits are silent on the topic of homosexuality. Some priests use an occasional homily to remind the faithful that, as Christians, they have a special duty to be kind to gays and lesbians.

38. Mental games played by Catholic Democrats who know in their heart of hearts that their political and religious affiliations are incompatible, but would like to pretend they’re not.
39. I’m personally opposed but … “I have a duty to represent all my constituents, not just the Catholic one.”

40. “I’ve taken a solemn oath to support and defend the Constitution of the U.S. in Roe vs. Wade the US Supreme Court has declared that abortion is a constitutionally protected right. Therefore, it’s my duty to support and defend the right to abortion.” What this last sentence means for them in practice is this: “It’s my solemn duty under the U.S. Constitution to vote against bans on partial-birth abortion, to vote in favor of taxpayer funding of abortion, and to do all I can to block presidential nominations to the Supreme Court of justices who might turn out to be anti-Roe. {That is exactly what has happened. CINOPS Nancy Pelosi, Charles Rangel, Jose Serrano, Marty Meehan, Joe Biden, Tom Harkin, Dick Durbin, Ed Kennedy, John Kerry, Pat Leahy, Maria Cantwell, Patty Murray, voted against Catholic and Natural Law Issues. GHK).}

41. What would our pro-choice Catholic politicians have thought of an alibi that ran as follows? “I have a duty to represent all my constituents, not just Negroes. I’m duty-bound to represent my racist constituents too, and they favor a regime of white supremacy. Personally, I’m opposed to racism, but ….”
42. There is a powerful passion of political ambition. It’s often powerful enough to render logical politicians illogical and intellectually honest politicians dishonest.

43. What would our pro-choice Catholic politicians have thought of an alibi that ran as follows? “I have a duty to represent all of my constituents, not just Negroes? I’m duty-bound to represent my racist constituents too, and they favor a regime of white supremacy. Personally, I’m opposed to racism, but …”

The bottom line: there is a historic bias for the Democratic Party by the Church. You become an enabler and try to protect one of your own. If the above politicians were Republicans they would have been put in their place decades ago. However, there are happy changes in the wind and Pope Benedict persuades.
George H. Kubeck, Duplicate and or translate into Spanish and Vietnamese.

No comments: