Monday, September 16, 2019

ROWNTREE GARDENS IS THE BEST PLACE IN ORANGE COUNTY

ROWNTREE GARDENS IS THE BEST PLACE IN ORANGE COUNTY
TO RETIRE OR LIVE WITH ASSISTED LIVING!
12151 Dale Ave. Stanton, Ca. 90680
A Personal Experience and Perspective
  
  My wife Michaelene and I moved to Rowntree Gardens on July 30, 2015. I rented a Studio Apartment D-111 in the Acacia Building and she moved to Garden Memory Care.  I couldn't take care of Michaelene any more because she had advanced Alzheimer.
   
 Rowntree Gardens is a beautiful and spacious independent facility of eight acres located in Stanton, California. It was founded by the Quakers about 55 years ago. It has about 300 residents and about 300 employees including care-givers (part time mostly). It is the largest employer in Stanton, California.
   
 Rowntree Gardens is an all inclusive facility. There is Acacia Independent Living: The Cedars Assisted Living: Health and Wellness Clinic: New Leaf Rehab Agency: Elmwood Care Center Skilled Nursing (Five Stars), and Garden Memory Care: Also Independent Living Cottages. Let's not forget the The Fireside Lounge and Dining Area, Bookmark Library, Garden Shop, Bargains and Blessings Rummage Sale Downstairs, and the Hair Saloons.
                                         What Makes Rowntree Gardens Special?  

  1. For us, there is a Catholic Church, St. Polycarp only 5-6 minutes away by car. Michaelene and I have  been Life Members of the Dominican Laity. Our Mass was daily at St. Peter Chanel in Hawaiian Gardens with the Liturgy of the Hours. For myself today, at 88 with no car, a cane and a walker, St. Polycarp is a one-half mile away. I go once weekly via walker, 20 minutes and a few more minutes to Walgreen or around the other corner to CVS. For regular walkers, one-half mile is a skip and a hop.  
  
  2. For myself alone now, the price is right. (Monthly $3389) I'm two minutes away from meals at 6:30 AM, 11 AM, and 4:15 PM. I can't cook. Also, I'm 29 steps away from a free laundry and ironing facility. 

   3. OK! What is it like living here? They do everything possible to make you feel at home and keep you healthy and safe.  Their activities department and travel are outstanding.  Let's check out the last five days. On Saturday, Sep. 7, in the morning, I took the walker to Mass at 8:30 AM, and in the evening, at 6:30 PM we had a performance by George Rossi. I decided to have a time my life experience, danced 7 times with 4 ladies and participated in George's closing songs assembly which ended at 7:30 PM.
   
4. On Sunday, Sep. 8, my son picked me up at 7:15 AM to attend MASS at 7:30 AM at St. Polycarp. Also, at Rowntree there are weekly 10 AM services in the Non-Denominational Heartwood Chapel for all. On Monday, Sep. 9, I participated in a Rosary Prayer at 10:15 AM in the Elmwood Care Center, and then in the afternoon, I attended a movie, "Knight at the Museum." At 5 PM, there was a special Birthday Dinner for all in residence born in September.  
  
 5. On Tuesday, At 10 AM, Sep. 10, I attended a Veterans Monthly Social, then we had a great outing to the Sistine Chapel Exhibit at the Christ Cathedral at 12:30 PM. It took us only 13 minutes to get there.  On Wednesday, Sep. 11th, Patriot Day, at 10 AM, we had the weekly Rosary and Bible Sharing on the third floor Cedars Lounge. In the afternoon, I had a dental appointment and missed the 1:30 PM, 9/11 Remembrance Program. In the evening at 6 PM, I played the game Bridge rather poorly.

Respectfully yours,
George H. Kubeck, Monday, Sep. 16, 2019                 

P.S. There are 10 Churches that are about 15-20-25 minutes away. St. Hedwig in Los Alamitos; St. Pius in Buena Park; St. Ireneaus in Cypress;  St. Justin, St. Columban, and Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove; Blessed Sacrament in Westminster; St. Vincent Paul and St. Bonaventure in Huntington Beach. Lastly, St. Polycarp Catholic Church is just around the corner from where I live.

No comments: