Wednesday, July 15, 2020

# 57 OF 80 - THIS HAPPY BOOK REPORT ON PADRE PIO

# 57 OF 80 - THIS HAPPY BOOK REPORT ON PADRE PIO
JUSTICE IS TRUTH IN ACTION - HTTP://WWW.CINOPSBEGONEBLOGSPOT.COM - WED. JULY 15, 2020
PADRE PIO: THE TRUE STORY - C. BERNARD 
Chapter 27 - The Charismatic - P. 313- 323
    "There is also some evidence that Padre Pio spoke in unknown tongues. We will recall that when Karl Klugkist was blessed by Padre Pio, he used "a mystical formula, in an oriental language unknown to me." Pio, however, never taught that such a gift should be considered normative, nor is there any record of his having encouraged anyone to seek it... This brings us to a charism that many find difficult to accept, namely Padre Pio's apparent ability to converse with angels and other supernatural beings...
   
Padre Pio, in fact, urged his spiritual children, if they were in trouble, to send their guardian angels to him... One day I (Padre Alessio) missed picking him up from the confessional box when I approached him to ask forgiveness for not being on time, he looked at me and pointed his finger at me and said, "Do you think I will continue to send my guardian angel to you every morning to wake me up...

 Padre Alessio believed that Padre Pio communicated not only with his own guardian angel but also with those of his spiritual children while he prayed his Rosary during the afternoon Siesta. Sometimes, when the younger priest tried to get his attention, Pio responded, "Come on, my son, leave me alone. Don't you see that I am very busy? Didn't you seen all those guardian angels going back and forth from my spiritual children, bringing messages from them?"...
  
  Padre Pio clearly did not always see into the heart, into the next world, or in the future. At times he was frankly annoyed when people pestered him about such things. At times, his judgments and assessments were wrong... Perhaps Padre Pio supernatural knowledge could best he described as prophecy... "one who is called" - is God's mouthpiece, called to convey the Lord's will...
  
  Like Moses, whose face glowed so brilliantly after communicating directly with God, that he had to wear a veil to keep from dazzling the children of Israel. Padre Pio reportedly, at prayer, was sometimes seen to glow with supernatural light. ...
   
 Hopcke concluded: "Not having known Padre Pio personally, as have the Mandatos, and having, I like to think, a very rational, logical mind, I neither totally believe nor disbelieve the stories of Padre Pio. The sheer volume of them tends to make me believe that something indeed miraculous took place in the presence of this obviously holy, devout Capuchin. However, the far-fetched character of many of these tales reactivates the skeptic within me. Nevertheless, I cannot deny that before I even spoke of what I smelled, Mr. Mandato had described it perfectly."...
   
 What was the significance of the perfume? "When they smell incense," Pyle insisted, it means that he wants prayer." Antonio D'Enchia, bishop of Monopoli, described the aroma as "almost always a premonition of happy events or favors or as a reward for generous efforts to perform virtuous acts." Yet Padre Pio told Joe Peterson that the aroma was merely "sweet for the children."

    Padre Pio did not like to discuss any of his charismata. He certainly did not consider them an occasion for pride. He was known to comment, "God make all things. His creation included the stars and the humblest domestic utensils. I belong to the second category." Of his charismata he said, I realize to the full greatness of the gifts that God has bestowed on me. But that terrifies me because I know only too well what miserable use I have made of them. If He had only given them to the lowest scoundrel in the world, he would have employed them better. I dread the thought of death and having to answer for it."
  
  To his nephew Ettoruccio Masone he said, " I am fearful because all that the Lord has given me, since the more we are given, the more we are responsible before Him. I am fearful because of all the goodness and mercy He has shown me." Thus far we have not touched upon the two charismata that most people found most extraordinary, namely, the gifts of bi location and healing. These will be the subject of separate chapters. 
George H. Kubeck

No comments: