Monday, July 6, 2009

Sarah Palin

SARAH PALIN
In pursuit of the Truth - www.cinopsbegone.com – Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July from Alaska
Today at 4:55pm

On this Independence Day, I am so very proud of all those who have chosen to serve our great nation and I honor their selflessness and sacrifice of their families, too.
If I may, I would like to take a moment to reflect on the last 24 hours and share my thoughts with you.

First, I want to thank your for your support and hard work on the VALUES we share. Those values led to the decision my family and I made. Yesterday, my family and I announced a decision that is in Alaska’s best interest and it always feel good to do what is right. We have accomplished more during this one term than most governors do in two – I am proud of the great team that helped to build these wonderful successes. ENERGY INDEPENDENCE AND NATIONAL SECURITY, FISCAL RESTRAINT, SMALLER GOVERNMENT AND LOCAL CONTROL have been my priorities and will remain my priorities.

For months now, I have consulted with friends and family, and with the Lieutenant Governor, about what is best for our wonderful state. I even made a few administrative changes over that course in time in preparation from yesterday. We have accomplished so much and there’s much more to do, but my family and I determined after prayerful consideration that sacrificing my title helps Alaska most. And once, I decided not to run for re-election, my decision was that much easier - I’ve never been one to waste time or resources. Those who know me know this is the right decision and obvious decision at that, including Senator John McCain. I thank him for his kind, insightful comments.

The response in the main stream media has been most predictable, ironic, and as always, detached from the lives of ordinary Americans who are sick of the ‘POLITICS OF PERSONAL DESTRUCTION.’ How sad that Washington and the media will never understand, it’s about country. And though it’s honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make. But every American understands what it takes to make a decision because it is right for all, including your family.

I shared with you yesterday my heartfelt and candid reasons for the change. I’ve never thought I needed a title before one’s name to forge progress in America. I am now looking ahead and how we can advance this country together with our VALUES OF LESS GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION, GREATER ENERGY INDEPENDENCE, STRONGER NATIONAL SECURITY, AND MUCH NEEDED FISCAL RESTRAINT. I hope you will join me. Now is the time to rebuild and help our nation achieve greatness!

God bless you! And I look forward to making a difference – with you!
Sarah

Posted by Crusader 1 – July 4, 2009: BEN SMITH – POLITICO.com

If I were Sarah Palin, I would leave office as well. Alaska Democrats and some Republican power structure politicians hate her because she successful fought corruption in the Alaskan Democratic and Republican parties, defeated a former Republican United States senator (Murkowski) in the Republican governor’s primary, and defeated a former two term Democratic governor in the general election. Some women despise her because she is 45, the mother of 5, and still incredibly beautiful.

Her brother advises that she and her staff were spending about 80% of their time defending against FRIVOLOUS ETHICS COMPLAINTS filed against her. There are no legal or financial impacts for those who file these complaints. So Palin had to defend herself against 15 of them … found guilty of no ethic violations to date. However, investigations of these complaints have cost the taxpayer of Alaska over 2 million dollars, and Palin’s personal legal debts exceeding $500,000 in defending against these ridiculous complaints.

No comments: