Thursday, November 8, 2007

Msgr. James Lisante's Tough Love # 2 of 2

Msgr. James Lisante’s Tough Love # 2 of 2
Thursday, Nov. 8, 2007
Continued from a talk given by James Lisante, Witness to Faith – 2000:
“Because I embrace a truth that says it doesn’t matter or not whether you like me. It matters that you respect I am who I say I am, and I believe what my Lord and Savior believes. That matters above all.

“I was giving a talk not too long ago and I was about to criticize Senator Joseph Lieberman, and I was told it very incorrect politically for a Catholic priest to pick on a man of the Jewish Faith.

“So I pondered very seriously what I was about to say and I got up and said. I am so happy that Joe Liebermann is selected. Because it is time we had a man at the head of the ticket who is of Jewish persuasion.

“I am delighted that Joe Lieberman believes that we should talk more about God. I am thrilled that this man walks to the synagogue and observing the Sabbath.

“But I wonder how an orthodox Jew can for the love of God and in opposition to the Torah say he stands with all of those beliefs and still votes three times for something called partial-birth abortion.

“I guess what I am saying is we will never be politically correct Catholic Christians but so who cares. The point of the matter we are here to make a difference and I know the moment will come when you and I will stand before our Lord and Savior.

“And He will say to us not did everybody like you but did you make a difference for the good.

“ You know when we talk about the Holocaust, we tend to forget them but did you know that between 6,000 to 7,000 priests in Poland alone were executed by the Nazis and you what they were not executed because they were Jews.

“They were executed because they were Catholic Christians who took seriously the admonitions that I am the caretaker for all of my brother and sisters and I will not be silent and they died for that belief.

“How can I as a priest in the year 2000 not be willing to stand with my brothers who died in the Second World War who wore the same collar and who would not be silent?

“It is always good to be back with you. But it is also good to know when to leave. You are so kind for listening and taking it into your hearts what I have to say.

“Please remember always what the great Irish Patriot said, “All that is necessary for evil to triumph in our world is for good people to do nothing.” You are so good and all of us God know we need to do more. I love you. Thank you.”

George H. Kubeck, Duplicate and or translate into Spanish. Cinops Be Gone

No comments: