Saturday, April 18, 2009

Divine Mercy & Notebook III of St. Faustina - 1

Divine Mercy & Notebook III of St. Faustina – 1 of 2
In pursuit of the truth – www.cinopsbegone.com – Saturday, April 18, 2009

Excerpts from St. Faustina’s diary: “To Be Avoided”

Talk too much:
1008 (March 1, 1937) – The Lord gave me to know how displeased He is with a talkative soul. I find no rest in such a soul. The constant din tires Me, and in the midst of it the soul cannot discern My voice.

Idleness:
1127 (May 20, 1937) – And he (Satan) confessed, though unwillingly, “I am looking for idle souls.” When I commanded Him again in the Name of God to tell me which souls in religious life he has the easiest access, he said, again unwillingly, “To lazy and idle souls.”

Pride:
1149 (June 20, 1937) – “O Lord, although I love You with all my heart, please do not appear to me, because my spiritual director has told me that these sudden appearances of Yours arouse the suspicion that You could be an Illusion. And although I love You more than my own life, and I know that You are my Lord and God, who are communing with me, I must above all be obedient to my confessor.” Tell your confessor that I commune with your soul in such an intimate manner because you do not steal My gifts, and this is why I pour all these graces upon your soul, because I know that you will not hoard them for yourself. But as a sign that his prudence is agreeable to Me, you shall not see me, and I will not appear to you in this way until you have given him an account of what I have just said.

Her Spiritual Life
Will of God to be Done:
1004 (March 1, 1937) – O will of the Omnipotent, You are my delight, You are my joy….

1033 (March 22, 1037) – When I see that the burden is beyond my strength, I do not consider or analyze it or probe into it, but I run like a child to the Heart of Jesus and say one word to Him: “You can do all things.” And then I keep silent, because I know that Jesus himself will intervene in the matter, and as for me, instead of tormenting myself, I use that time to love him.

1101 – In the evening, I heard these words in my soul: My daughter, know that I shall speak to you in a special way through this priest (Fr. Plaza) so that you may not yield to doubt concerning My wishes. Already in the first meditation my soul was struck by the following words of the priest: I must not oppose God’s will and God’s designs, whatever they might be, and as soon as I am convinced of the certitude and the authenticity of the will of God, I have the duty of carrying it out. No one can release me from this Whatever the will of God may be, once I have come to know it, I ought to carry it out.

1106 – Virtue without prudence is not virtue at all. We should often pray to the Holy Spirit for this grace of prudence. Prudence consists in discretion, rational reflection and courageous resolutions. The final decision is always up to us. We must decide; we can and we ought to seek advice and light…

The Priest’s Commentary on the above at a Spiritual Retreat, Saturday, April 18, 2009

The most important thing to do is the will of God; simply “Thy Will be done.” Humility! Think about how you spent your life. Pray for God’s Mercy. Be generous with the poor. Obey your superiors. Obedience is very pleasing to God. Follow the rules of the Church. Ask Jesus to intervene. You don’t tell Him what to do. Say I trust in You. We have need of Special Grace to be kind to the person who has harmed you. He will give you the graces to do what you were asked to do. St. Thomas More meditated on the Passion of Christ. Don’t do something too quickly without God. Ask a priest to give you advice.
George H. Kubeck

No comments: