Sunday, April 19, 2009

Divine Mercy & Notebook III of St. Faustina - 2 of 2

Divine Mercy & Notebook III of St. Faustina – 2 of 2

In pursuit of the truth – www.cinopsbegone.com – Divine Mercy Sunday, April 19, 2009

Excerpts from St. Faustina’s diary (cont’d) - Being Scorned

1164 – On an earlier occasion in the evening, I saw the Lord Jesus upon the cross. From his hands, feet and side, the Most Sacred Blood was flowing. After some time Jesus said to me, All this for the salvation of souls. Consider well, My daughter, what you are doing for their salvation. I answered, “Jesus, when I look at Your suffering, I see that I am doing next to nothing for the salvation of souls.” And the Lord said to me, Know, My daughter, that your silent day-to-day martyrdom in complete submission to my will ushers many souls into heaven. And when it seems to you that your suffering exceeds your strength, contemplate My wounds, and you will rise above human scorn and judgment. Meditation on My Passion will help you rise above all things. I understood many things I had been unable to comprehend before.

Sickness

1089 – On April 14, I felt so bad that I barely managed to get up to assist at Holy Mass.,,, When I received Holy Communion, I don’t know why, but it was as if something were urging me to this prayer, and I began to pray in this manner: “Jesus may your pure and healthy blood circulate in my ailing organism, and may Your pure and healthy body transform my weak body, and may a healthy and vigorous life throb within me, if it is truly your holy will that I should set about the work in question; and this will be a clear sign of your holy will for me.” As I was praying in this way, I suddenly felt as if something were jolting my whole organism and, in an instant, I felt completely well….

Holy Communion

1037 – I find myself so weak that were it not for Holy Communion I would fail completely. One thing alone sustains me, and that is Holy Communion. From it I draw my strength; in it is all my comfort.

1114 – (May 1, 1937) Today, I felt the nearness of my Mother, my heavenly Mother, although before every Holy Communion I earnestly ask the Mother of God to help my soul for the coming of Her Son, and I clearly feel Her protection over me.

Thoughts of Jesus

1017 – The Lord said to me, I want to give myself to souls and fill them with My love, but few there are who want to accept all the graces My love has intended for them. My grace is not lost; if the soul for whom it was intended does not accept it, another soul takes it.

1059 – Jesus is commanding me to make a novena before the feast of Mercy, and today I am about to begin it for the conversion of the whole world and for the recognition of The Divine Mercy – so that every soul will praise My goodness. I desire trust from my creatures. Encourage souls to place great trust in my fathomless mercy. Let the weak, sinful soul have no fear to approach Me, for even if it had more sins than there are grains of sand in the world, all would be drowned in the unmeasurable depths of My mercy.

The Priest’s Commentary on the above: Do not think that the Lord will not forgive. Take the death of St. Stephen. St. Paul was responsible and had to be overwhelmed with what he had done. He killed one of God’s saints and God forgave him.

1075 – Souls who spread the honor of My mercy I shield through their entire lives as a tender mother her infant, and at the hour of death I will not be a judge for them, but the Merciful Savior….

1146 – Let the greatest sinners place their trust in My mercy. They have the right before others to trust in the abyss of My mercy. My daughter, write about My mercy towards tormented souls. Souls that make an appeal to my Mercy delight Me... (Jesus I trust in you.)
George H. Kubeck

No comments: