Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mitt Romney Speaks His Mind

Mitt Romney Speaks His Mind
The relentless pursuit of the truth - cinops be gone - Wed. Sept. 12, 2012

“ In a genuinely personal speech, the Governor let Americans see beyond the successful businessman to the deeply committed family man. “All the laws and legislation in the world will never heal this world like the loving hearts and arms of mothers and fathers.”

“He talked with fondness about his parents, with admiration for his wife, and true concern for his nation. At parts sentimental and others defiant, he pledged to rekindle optimism and patriotism. But most of all, he vowed to return Americans to work and prosperity. “President Obama promised to … slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet. My promise is to help you and your family.”

“To Americans hungry for a return to core values, Mitt was unequivocal: “As President, I will protect the sanctity of life. I will honor the institution of marriage. And I will guarantee America’s first liberty, the freedom of religion.” Like his running mate the Governor appealed to the broader conservative movement.

“He even took time to debunk the “war on women,” explaining that as Governor, he chose “a woman Lt. Governor, a woman chief of staff… Half of my cabinet and senior officials were women.” Although Romney pointed to the President’s failures, his tone was similar to Sen. Marco (R-Fla.), who said, “Our problem is not that Obama is a bad person. Our problem is that he is a bad President.”

“America has had four years of eloquent speeches; what it needs are practical solutions. Gov. Romney made a compelling case that he could provide them. “If I am elected President of these United States, I will work with all my energy and soul to restore America, to lift our eyes to a better future … Our children deserve it, our nation depends upon it, the peace and freedom of the world require it. And with your help, we will deliver it.” With that, the balloons fell and cheers rained down. On screen, the words “We Believe in America” lit up the stage. Not unlike the man that many believe in to lead it.

All of the ABOVE from Tony Perkins, FRC Action Update: August 31, 2012:

“There was the section where Romney talked about his parents and how they were partners.

Mom and Dad were married 64 years. And if you wondered what they secret was, you could have asked the local florist - because every day Dad gave Mom a rose, which he put on her bedside table. That’s how she found out what happened on the day my father died - she went looking for him because that morning, there was no rose.

“My mom and dad were true partners, a life lesson that shaped me by everyday example. When my mom ran for the Senate, my dad was there for her every step of the way. I can still hear her saying in her beautiful voice, “Why shouldn’t women any less say than men, about the great decisions facing our nation.?”

“I grew up in Detroit in love with cars and wanted to be a car guy, like my dad. But by the time I was out of school, I realized that I had to go out on my own that if I stayed around Michigan in the same business, I’d never ready know if I was getting a break because of my dad. I wanted to go someplace new and prove myself.

“Those weren’t the easiest of days- too many long hours and weekends working, five young sons who seemed to have this need to re-enact a different world war every night. But if you ask Ann and I what we’d give, to break up just one more fight between the boys, or wake up in the morning and discover a pile of kids asleep in our room.. Well every mom and dad knows the answer to that.”

All of the above from the perspective of Glenn Beck’s blog comments, 9/2/2012

George H. Kubeck - During Mitt’s presidency of 8 years, there will be a just immigration solution!

No comments: